This is a delicious vegan way to enjoy ceviche. The “fish” is actually hearts of palm and everything else is bright, antioxidant rich and bursting with flavor. I’m all about helping you gather healthier habits on a budget and without spending tons of time. Start to finish, this recipe takes 5 minutes (depending on how fast you chop things). This is a wonderful recipe to save money too. Think about it…if you swap in hearts of palm for shrimp or fresh tuna, you’re saving a ton of money. For an appetizer, no one will mind, because this is THAT good! Fresh, whole, clean foods is where it’s at my friends. You only get one body. Treat it the best you possibly can. If you want to see me make it, catch the broadcast here from my Periscope.
- Prep Time : 5 minutes
- Yield : 4
- 1 can hearts of palm (drained)
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 3 green onion, chopped (or 1/4 cup chopped red onion)
- 1 jalapeno, chopped - (De-seed if you don't want it too spicy)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/2 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 avocado, chopped
- Slice the hearts of palm about 1/4" thick and place into a large bowl.
- Add in the tomatoes, cilantro, bell pepper, onion, jalepeno, Sriracha, lemon and lime juice, salt and pepper and toss well.
- Fold in the avocado, and serve.