Summer is the perfect time to get your colors (antioxidants) in! 🌞 With all the beautiful produce out, it’s hard not to get carried away with fun, creative flavor profiles. 🍊🍇This Peach-Blackberry Quinoa Salad hit the mark with my kids – and it was so easy! I highly recommend adding a couple cups of cooked quinoa to your meal prep each week. Keep it chilled and add it to salads and soups, make it like oatmeal, or use as a side dish all week. It’s an effortless, yet hearty and versatile food you can feel good about.
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- 1 cup cooked, chilled quinoa
- 2 medium, ripe peaches, sliced
- 26 blackberries, divided
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (I used an apricot infused balsamic)
- 1/2 small ripe avocado (about 3 TBS)
- 2 tablespoons water
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Pinch of stevia
- 8 cups spinach
- 12 ounces grilled chicken, cut into strips
- For the dressing, add 1/2 of the peach slices, 10 blackberries, balsamic, avocado, water, salt, pepper and stevia to a mini-blender. Process until smooth. Set aside.
- Place 2 cups of spinach on 4 plates. Top with 1/4 cup quinoa.
- Lay 3 ounces of chicken on top of each mound of quinoa.
- Divide peach slices among each salad. Place 4 blackberries on each plate. Drizzle each one with dressing.
Did you know that eating a healthy fat, like avocado, helps you absorb the nutrients in your leafy greens more efficiently?! Avocado and greens are perfect together!