Healthy breakfast ideas are challenging, especially if your life is chaotic with kids, jobs, pets, working out…the list goes on. From start to finish, this incredible English Muffin (that can be turned into an Egg McMuffin) takes about 6 minutes. 2 minutes to stir, under 2 minutes to heat, and less than 2 minutes to toast. It’s possible to make several of these at once and wrap them up to eat cold or just reheat as you run out the door. I made a couple different flavors; my kids like my cinnamon raisin version with almond butter on top. YUM! There’s a product on the market, a type of Paleo English Muffin, and these taste very similar to them, but I think mine hold up a bit better:)
[auto-iframe link=http://katch.me/embed/v/4c0d1efd-084e-3524-96a3-1abedb7ac3fe width=640 height=500]
If you cannot have almond flour, you could try subbing oat flour, though I haven't tried it. You can also bake them instead of microwaving. That I did do. I really do not like using a microwave, and I avoid it as much as possible. However, while the baked version tasted good, I found the bottoms stuck to the ramekin a bit. You could try a silicone baking cup; that might work. I baked mine at 350 degrees F for 18-20 minutes.
- Prep Time : 5 minutes
- Cook Time : 5 minutes
- Yield : 1
- 1 1/2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons liquid egg white
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon milk of choice (I used coconut milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon ghee or butter
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch garlic powder
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons egg white
- Pinch salt
- In a medium bowl, stir together the almond flour, coconut flour, egg whites, applesauce, milk, ghee, baking powder, salt and garlic powder.
- Spray a dessert ramekin generously with coconut oil cooking spray. Spoon batter inside and smooth the top down.
- Place in microwave for 1:30. (Or bake in an oven at 350 degrees F for 18-20 minutes).
- Remove and cool slightly, then carefully slice down the center. Toast on a medium-dark setting.
- Scramble the egg, egg white and salt and cook to your liking (feel free to add onions, bell peppers or spinach!). Place inside the toasted English muffin, and serve immediately.