These are so good. I really have no more words than that. People love pizza. I make lots and lots of healthy versions, from eggplant to cauliflower crusts. But I am back at it again…this time with crusts made of sweet potatoes. We are dairy-free, but you can totally add mozzarella to the top for an gooey, yummy experience. I make cashew cheese all the time. It really is super easy and flavorful. I love how it added a creamy layer of cheese flavor that complemented the tangy sauce and sweetness of the noodles.
I love buying cute bowls and dishes like these in bulk. That way, when I need to give a gift, I can fill them with a yummy treat or recipe, like these, and wrap them up cute, and give them away.
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 20 minutes
- Yield : 4
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons Nutritional Yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 8-12 tablespoons tomato sauce - (I like the organic canned from Trader Joe's)
- 2 organic chicken sausages, sliced thin
- Pinch Nutritional Yeast
- Soak the cashews in the water for 4 hours, then rinse and drain.
- Place the nuts into a small blender with nutritional yeast, salt, garlic powder, pepper and water. Blend, scraping sides several times, until it resembles hummus. Add a few more drops of water, if needed. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Use a spiralizer "C-Blade" (or grate) the potato. Add the coconut oil to a skillet and heat over medium. Add the sweet potato noodles (or shavings) and saute with the salt and pepper for 5 minutes.
- Spray 4 ramekins with coconut oil cooking spray. Divide the sweet potatoes among each dish and press down hard. Divide the cashew cheese evenly among each and spread to cover the sweet potatoes. Spoon 2-3 tablespoons of tomato sauce on top of the cashew cheese. Divide the sausage slices on top of the sauce. Sprinkle with nutritional yeast (or mozzarella cheese).
- Place into the oven for 20 minutes. Remove, cool for 5 minutes, and serve.
- These taste great the next day too (cold or warmed)!