When people tell me it is too time-consuming and too expensive to eat healthy, it fires me up to create even more easy, tasty and clean recipes. I wish people felt it was doable. This entire meal took 5 minutes to prepare and less than 25 to bake. It’s filling, nutritious and has a great balance or protein, fat and carbs. Nothing on this plate will spike blood sugar, and the protein will help build those muscles. There are loads of healthy vitamins and antioxidants too!
You can easily tweak this recipe to suit even the pickiest eaters in your family. You can use plain hummus, or add a little lemon juice and garlic, or dice some roasted red bell peppers into the hummus, or fold in chopped kalamata olives...customize your topping to replicate all the gloriously flavored hummus out there on the market.
- Prep Time : 5 minutes
- Cook Time : 25 minutes
- Yield : 2
- 2 chicken breasts
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of pepper
- 6 tablespoons hummus
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 small jalapeno, sliced thinly, seeds removed
- Zucchini Fries
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 medium zucchini
- 1/4 cup Nutritional Yeast (or Parmesan Cheese)
- 2 tablespoons almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. Spray a glass dish with cooking spray. Lay chicken in dish.
- Stir together the hummus, mustard and garlic powder. Spoon over the chicken breasts. Lay jalapeno slices across the top.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes, or until no longer pink inside.
- Cut the ends off the zucchini. Slice them in half, and then cut longways, creating 16 slices per zucchini.
- Place Nutritional Yeast or Parmesan in a large ziplock baggie with the garlic powder, salt and pepper. Lightly dip zucchini slices in the egg. Shake off excess.
- Toss into the bag and shake until coated.
- Spray a nonstick baking sheet with cooking spray. Lay zucchini on top. Spray with more cooking spray. Bake for 9-10 minutes, then broil for 2 minutes.