I love pancakes! They make me feel like I am splurging. Plus, they're warm and spicy and cakey and they just scream, "have a good day!!" But I'd never eat flour pancakes with syrup. My blood sugar would spike and then TANK, leaving me tired and hungry. These healthy little babies wouldn't dream of that! Made with pumpkin, flax, almond butter, a little coconut flour and egg white, they are super clean! They keep you full for hours too because they're full of fiber and healthy Omega 3's and 6's. I like to make my own drizzles for things, that way I know there's no sugar, and I can douse my creations without guilt. I happen to think chocolate and pumpkin were a match made in heaven, so with just a little pumpkin, almond butter, cocoa powder, cashew milk and stevia, I've got more chocolate sauce than I know what to do with. Well...that's not true, I know EXACTLY what to do with it. So dig in and enjoy these filling and fluffy flax cakes...or should I call them flax jacks? Either way, they're delish!
- Prep Time : 5 minutes
- Cook Time : 3 minutes
- Yield : 1
- 6 tablespoons liquid egg whites - (or you can do 1 egg and 2 T whites)
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons chia/flax/cacao/coconut blend - (I like Decadent Blend by Spectrum)
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 3/4 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Stevia to taste
- In a medium bowl, mix ingredients together.
- Coat a pan with coconut oil cooking spray over low-medium heat. Drop batter 4 times. Cook for about 2 minutes or until bubbly on top. Flip and cook about 1 minute. Don't over cook.
- If you like chocolate drizzle- stir together: 2 TBS milk of choice, 2 teaspoons canned pumpkin, 1 teaspoon almond butter, 1 teaspoon cocoa powder and stevia to taste. Add cinnamon or cloves, if desired. Drizzle on top.
NUTRITION INFO INCLUDES THIS DRIZZLE.