If you’re on Periscope you might have seen me make these “perfectly portable protein” snacks (AKA: #eggsinpurse). I LOVE Periscope! I get to share my passion for cooking and healthy habits with an audience who can respond to me in real time. I was talking about the portability of these little muffins when I casually mentioned I can toss them into my purse. So the joke on the scope was #eggsinpurse. But it’s true! If you need a quick snack that’s protein-packed, this is the one. Even better news: you can make them in bulk (I usually do at least a dozen at a time) and eat 2 per day as a snack all week. Or if your husband is lucky, as mine is, you’ll share half the batch with him.
Don't be afraid to sneak veggies into these as well! I'm a masterful veggie-hider. I don't trick my kids. They try almost everything. But they do have a few super-foods that are lower on their like-list, so I find that when all the flavors bake together, I can easily add green onions, a few bell peppers and lots of spinach inside without anyone saying they don't like them.
- Prep Time : 5 minutes
- Cook Time : 18 minutes
- Yield : 6
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray 6 muffin cups with cooking spray and carefully lay the turkey in the bottom and up the sides.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and egg whites together.
- Whisk in remaining ingredients, then pour into each muffin cup, almost to the top.
- Bake for 17-18 minutes or until cooked through and slightly puffed on the top.
- Portion them out for the week. Enjoy!