A cross between fudge, a brownie and light as air marshmallows, these completely flour-less brownies are rich and chocolaty without any guilt. I’ve been using a lot of almond flour lately and wanted to see what would happen if I just plain didn’t use it. I have made tons of sweet potato brownies without flour, so why not pumpkin?! The result was delish!
Oh- and it is my favorite kind of recipe...a one-bowl wonder! Be sure your canned pumpkin and cashew butter are room temperature so that your coconut oil stays melted. Use any kind of sweetener you like. I am sure honey or maple syrup would be great, but I need to keep things lower glycemic, which is why I opt for zero-calorie sweeteners.
- Prep Time : 5 minutes
- Cook Time : 26 minutes
- Yield : 8
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl, add the pumpkin purée, cashew butter and egg, and mix until well combined.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix on low.
- Pour into a greased 9-by-5-inch loaf pan.
- Bake for 26-28 minutes or until set (these will stay very soft, but you don't want them so underdone that they don't hold their shape as squares).
- Cool completely, then cut into 8 squares.