I love giving gifts from my kitchen. I mean, c’mon, it is so much fun! It’s creative for me, and hopefully exciting for the recipient because when I make things for others, the recipes are way healthier than plain old chocolate or sugar cookies with ugly sprinkles. I use stevia sweetened Lily’s chocolate for this bark, which saves on tons of calories and carbs. The quinoa adds a little protein and fiber, and the bacon adds more protein, a little fat, and a salty crunch that satisfies more taste-buds, so you’re less inclined to wolf down the entire jar full.
In no time at all you can make delicious edible gifts for friends and family that won't leave them feeling guilty and over-sugared.
- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Crumble bacon and set aside.
- In a medium, bowl, add chocolate and coconut oil. Microwave in 20 second intervals, stirring in between, until fully melted.
- In a saucepan, add quinoa over medium heat and shake the pan several times to toast the quinoa. Stir in the sweetener until it melts and be sure to coat all of the quinoa. Quickly transfer to a bowl. Once it hardens, crumble into small pieces.
- Stir in 3/4 of the quinoa into the melted chocolate. Spread mixture into a baking dish lined with parchment paper to about 1/4-inch thick. Sprinkle with bacon and remaining quinoa. Sprinkle the top with sea salt.
- Place in fridge for 15 minutes or until firm. Break into squares and enjoy, or place into cute mason jars to give as gifts.