Eating clean can be a challenge if you crave variety. As a chef, creativity and variety are what I do. I’m not fully me unless I am developing something new, innovative, or just plain fun. While on the Whole30, breakfast can get a little mundane. I am not complaining; the benefits far outweigh my egg-boredom. But for someone who already doesn’t enjoy savory things in the morning, 30 days is just a tad long. So today I mixed it up ever so slightly and created a little sweet and savory hash, of sorts, with a perfectly cooked sunny side up egg. I never really eat eggs this way. Scrambled is my favored method for cooking eggs. But again, I am craving variety, so this super clean little breakfast became quite joyful and delicious.
- Prep Time : 2 minutes
- Cook Time : 8 minutes
- Yield : 1
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Coat with cooking spray.
- Add squash and saute until all sides caramelize (about 5 minutes).
- Add sausage and cook for 1 minute.
- Plate the squash and sausage.
- Respray pan. Carefully crack egg in the pan. Add one ice cube and cover the pan until the egg white is completely cooked. Remove the egg when the yolk is still bright yellow. Season with salt and pepper.