If I didn’t create this incredible treat and taste it myself, I never in a million would have believed it was possible to make copycat Almond Joys using…cauliflower! But it is true. Really! You cannot taste it at all. Not only that, but I did it without any sugar. I think the organic riced cauliflower from Trader Joes is one of the best products out there. I use it all the time for savory dishes, but discovered its versatility a while back and now pretty much stay up late at night just figuring out crazy ways in which to use it. Click here for the link to watch the rebroadcast on Periscope.
- Prep Time : 10 minutes
- Cook Time : 2 minutes
- Yield : 8
- 1/2 cup Trader Joes Riced Cauliflower, room temp - Squeeze out the excess liquid
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut - (I use a mix of regular and low fat)
- 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar free sweetener - I use erythritol
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon coconut extract
- 2 ounces sugar-free dark chocolate
- 8 almonds
- In a small blender, add cauliflower through coconut extract. Blend, then scrape the sides and blend again.
- Remove and stir well. Mixture should be soft but not loose.
- Roll dough into 8 balls and place in freezer for 5 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate (for easier melting and a glossy look, you can add 1/4 teaspoon coconut oil).
- Carefully dip the balls into the chocolate and place on parchment paper.
- Top each with one almond and place in refrigerator for 15 minutes or until chocolate sets.